The qualification is intended for a broad range of people. From keen amateur gardeners, those already working in horticulture and wanting to further develop their knowledge. The course also leads to further study at level 3. It is designed to provide the underpinning scientific knowledge of plants and horticultural practices.
The units in the qualification are designed for part-time study so it is particularly suitable for those who are working in the industry and wishing to study part-time in order to progress their careers or prepare for further study at level 3. It is also suitable for those who wish to enter horticulture as a change of career and are seeking the necessary foundation knowledge.
Amateur gardeners enjoy this evening class as it gives them the in depth science behind their practical activities which can help improve their performance and production at home.
This is a 2 year course. £870 per year (payable in 2 instalments per year: Sept £485 and January £385). Includes all examination and certification fees, the recommended textbook, online support portal, RHS membership and refreshments.
Study is on Tuesdays Sept-June 6-9 pm
RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance
- Understanding garden features, plant selection and planning
- Understanding the choice, establishment and maintenance of garden plants and lawns
- Understanding the production of outdoor vegetables and fruit
- Understanding protected environments and their use in plant cultivation
RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation & Development
- Plant classification, structure, and function
- Plant nutrition and the root environment
- Maintaining plant health
- Understanding plant propagation
RHS Exam Dates 2017