RHS Level 3 Principles
This qualification provides a route to employment in professional horticulture by assessing knowledge of the scientific principles underpinning horticultural practices and supports career development for those already working in the profession. It also provides a foundation for further learning or training in the field of horticulture.
The course is theory-based over two years and is assessed by written examination.
The qualification is part-time and is intended for those wishing to work in professional horticulture in a variety of roles. It is designed to provide an understanding of the scientific knowledge underpinning horticultural practices. It is suitable for those wishing to enter horticultural employment for the first time; for those who are already working in horticulture who want to develop their knowledge further; and for those who wish to progress to further horticultural study at Level 4.
This is a 2-year course. £970 per year (payable in 2 instalments per year: Sept £485 and January £485). Includes all examination and certification fees, the recommended textbook, online support portal, RHS membership and refreshments.
Study is on Mondays 6-9pm starting 18th Sept 2017.
Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Health and Applied Propagation
- Plant taxonomy, structure, and function
- The root environment, plant nutrition and growing systems
- The management of plant health
- Understanding applied plant propagation
Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Construction and Planting
- Understanding garden survey techniques and design principles
- Understanding the selection and use of landscaping elements in the garden
- Understanding the setting out and construction of landscaping elements in the garden
- Understanding a range of specialist elements in the establishment of garden and urban plantings
Contact us on 01933 234928.